SafePlate® Cultured Sugar
SafePlate® Cultured Sugar ingredients are natural and contain antimicrobial rich organic acids and peptides capable of inhibiting toxin-producing spores, pathogens and spoilage bacteria. SafePlate® Cultured Sugar blends contain dried vinegar and cultured cane sugar or cultured corn sugar for synergy. They can also enhance the organoleptic properties of processed meats.
- Usage Level: From 0.2% – 1.5% of meat. Usage rates vary based on cooking method and packaging type, product pH, water activity, and more.
- Ingredients: A variety of individual or blends with dried or liquid cultured cane or corn sugars and dried or liquid vinegars.
- Buffered to a pH ideal for meat products (5.8 – 6.2).
- Label: Product-dependent but including options with “cultured cane sugar”, “cultured evaporated cane juice”, “cultured corn sugar”, “dried vinegar” and more. Label per specs.
- Cook-in-bag Such as Sous Vide
- RTE M&P
- HPP Processed M&P
- High Spore Risk M&P
- RTE Meals
- RTE Side Dishes
- Plant-based Meat Alternatives
- Salad Dressings
- Cold Pasteurized Foods
- Most Effective Solution by Usage Level
- Low Cost-in-use, Comparatively
- Clean Flavor
- Proven Antimicrobial
- Water-soluble, Low Hygroscopicity, and Free-flowing